One Character not enough for you? Why not play multiple Characters?
A new player might want to play multiple Characters against an experienced player. As an alternative all players could each use multiple Characters for a truly epic game.
Starting the Game
Playing with Multiple Characters
- At the beginning of the game all players simply as many Characters as they'd like to play with but two restrictions. First, Alignment cannot conflict - a player can select Good or Evil Characters but not both (Neutral Characters are not a problem). Second, Characters with "Always have a Spell" cannot be selected.
- You place each Character on the board where it normally starts and give each Character the Objects with which it normally begins the game.
- All of a players Characters Gold and Spells go into one pile. For example if a player controls a Necromancer and Rogue (both of which start with a Spell) then he draws two Spells and gains two Gold at the start of the game.
- Remove the Wand and the High Mage Master Character from the game since they can unbalance things.
- A player with multiple Characters rolls a single die for movement and it applies for all his Characters.
- All his Characters move at the same time and cards are drawn if needed, spaces are encountered, and all the regular things happen.
- If a die roll needs to happen for one or more Characters then one roll is made and applies to all of them.
For example a player could have a Priest encounter an Imp, a Ranger run across a Dragon, and a Druid visit the Mystic and all these situations require a die roll. If a 3 is rolled than it is applied to all situations so the Priest is teleported to the Tavern by the Imp, the Ranger rolled a 3 in Combat, and the Druid is ignored by the Mystic.
- All of the Gold, Spells, and defeated Enemies of each players Characters go into one pile. A player can have a maximum number of Spells equal to that all his Characters could normally possess, added together.
- When one of a players Characters is at the Crown of Command space he uses it as usual but it does not affect his other Characters.